Running under GNOME Boxes
GNOME Boxes is a new virtual machine manager and remote desktop manager powered by QEMU, KVM, and libvirt virtualisation technologies. Running Gobolinux under GNOME Boxes is quite easy, even more so than under Virtualbox.
- Create a new Virtual Machine by clicking “New” in the top left corner.
- Click “Select a file”.
- Select the Gobolinux LiveCD ISO file.
- Boxes will be ready to create a virtual machine with 2GB of RAM and 21.5GB of storage. If that is sufficient, click “Create”.
- Otherwise you can click “Customize” and adjust the sliders for RAM and storage respectively, then click the back arrow.
- The LiveCD session will then start. Continue normal installation procedures. Remember to eject the LiveCD prior to reboot by going to the top right menu and clicking “Properties” -> “Devices & Shares” and then clicking “Remove” beside the CD/DVD section.
Spice allows for integration with the host system including setting native resolutions, file transfers, clipboard support etc.
StartTask Spice-VDAgentafter login
xrandr --output Virtual-0 --preferredto update the resolution